Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy Spring and Easter Weekend Music



See! The winter is past;the rains are over and gone. Flowers appear on the earth;the season of singing has come, he cooing of doves is heard in our land.
~ Song of Solomon 2:11-12


Finally...finally it's here. Spring time! I'm feeling much better and can now get about the business of de-wintering my home. I think I'll start with my computer desktop. Here are some of the wonderful sites I've found that offer free screensavers and wallpaper images to inspire that fresh spring feeling when you sit down to read your favorite blog. Enjoy!


*Screensavers.com - Tons of wonderful images and searchable by keyword too boot!


*More - A warehouse for free Christian graphics.


*And More - Gorgeous photos of spring blossoms and blooms. Also searchable.


And another little something for you...



I had ever intention of making Holy week something special for my family this year, but my illness pulled the rug out from under my plans. Instead we'll observe the remainder of the week with music.



Both dh and ds are worhsip leaders at our church and have been spending a great deal of time in preparation for the days ahead. While I can't create the music, I am so thankful for the gifts of melody, harmony and poetic lyrics that others bring. When artfully bound together I know personally they can speak to the heart of a sinner like me and change them forever. For me, music speaks when words fail me. Song writers through the ages - musical poets have said what my heart meant.



Beginning tomorrow I'll share with you some of my favorite Easter weekend songs and how they speak to my soul and have transformed my life.



Stay tuned...

2 comments:

Darcie said...

A lovely post, Michele. ;-) I love the hands.

Happy Easter to you and yours.

Christina said...

I hope you feel better soon. Again I am enjoying your blog.